Website Advans Lafayette Microfinance Bank Limited
Junior Network Administrator at La Fayette Microfinance Bank
The Junior IT Officer will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASK
· To manage and maintain the computer equipment, software, applications and telecom and optimize its use.
· To manage the cabling: connection, change, maintenance, ventilation and fault detection.
· To install, update and configure the operating system and applications of the user’s environment: desk, services and network.
· To monitor daily operations.
· Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers
· Keep an eye out for needed updates
· Support and administer third-party applications
· Ensure network security and connectivity
· Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
· Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
· Resolve problems reported by end user
· Define network policies and procedures
· Specify system requirements and design solutions
· Research and make recommendations on server system administration
QUALIFICATION/EDUCATION: Minimum of first degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related course of study is required. Relevant professional qualification(s) and certification(s) will be an advantage.
WORK EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role with General knowledge of systems and network architecture. Good knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating system and Knowledge of Radio and Telecom will be an asset.
Proven experience in a network administrator role
Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
Ability to set up and configure server hardware
Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
Great at organising, prioritising and multitasking
Cisco CCNA or other related certification required
Register Here to receive job alerts